June 12, 2017, 5:30 PM
Perkins Coie, Portland, OR
You are invited to join OAPABA for our annual meeting and elections on June 12th. Come and meet your fellow OAPABA members and vote on the upcoming year’s board members (make sure you’re up to date on your dues—if not, you can renew here: http://oapaba.org/join-us/).
Interested in running for a board position?
The following positions are open:
- Region 1 representative (Clatsop, Columbia, Lincoln, Tillamook, Polk, Yamhill)
- Region 2 representative (Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, & Josephine)
- Region 4 representative (Benton, Lane)
- One (1) at large position
*Note: if there are no candidates for the regional positions, they will automatically default into at-large positions.
OAPABA is also seeking up to (2) law student representatives each from Willamette, Lewis & Clark, & the University of Oregon.
Please submit a short statement of interest introducing yourself and why you are running and send your statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify as a candidate, you must be a current dues-paying member of OAPABA and be present at the meeting (telephonic appearance permitted).
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all in June!
The Oregon Judicial Diversity Coalition (OJDC), comprised of the Oregon Chapter of the National Bar Association (OC-NBA), Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association (OAPABA), OGALLA: the LGBT Bar Association of Oregon, and the Oregon Hispanic Bar Association (OHBA), is accepting applications for the endorsement of judicial candidates applying for the vacancies on the Oregon Court of Appeals.
Judicial candidates seeking endorsement by any or all of the aforementioned groups are instructed to send the following information to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 10th at 5 pm.
To be considered for an interview, please submit:
1) A fully-filled copy of the questionnaire available through OAPABA’s website:(http://oapaba.org/judicial-endorsements/).
2) A copy of the applicant’s materials submitted to the Governor, including the judicial interest form, resume, and letters of recommendation.
3) OJDC application materials MUST be submitted together in one single PDF document.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
After receiving a completed application, the OJDC will contact applicants to schedule an interview. In-person or telephone interviews will take place during the week of May 15th depending upon the availability of the candidates and volume of applications received.